Legion of Elites
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of elites

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Makings of A Macro!

Go down 

Was this post Useful/Helpful?
Yes
The Makings of A Macro! I_vote_lcap100%The Makings of A Macro! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Yes, But I won't use it
The Makings of A Macro! I_vote_lcap0%The Makings of A Macro! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kinda
 0% [ 0 ]
No
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
JNutter3006
Level 1 Slime Monster
Level 1 Slime Monster
JNutter3006

The Makings of A Macro! Empty
PostSubject: The Makings of A Macro!   The Makings of A Macro! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi! Today I am going to show you how to make a macro! This is for your basic Macro Command. You can use add-ons from Curse.com to automatically post your macro in said chat, but that is too complicated for me.
This is just the dumbed down version!!  lol!
The Makings of A Macro! Screen15

What you want to do first is type the command /Macro. It can be uppercase or lowercase, as it doesn't really matter. Nor does it matter what chat you use.
The Makings of A Macro! Screen18

This will pull up a window. The two tabs are General Macros & Player Specific Macros. I personally prefer to use the Player specific macros, but you can choose what you like.
The Makings of A Macro! Screen17

What you need to do next is click on New This will pull up another window.
The Makings of A Macro! Screen20

What you want to do next is the to give your Macro a special name. Nothing too fancy though, as the name can have Only16 characters. You should also choose a fun Icon for your macro. I chose blue fireworks, as 1: Blue is my favorite color, and 2: fireworks are generally used for celebrations!   There are a few thousand icons that you can choose from, so make it it's awesome!
The Makings of A Macro! Screen19

Your next task is to type your Macro. This is done by First typing /(whatever chat you are using this macro for). My macro is being used for Guild Chat. So the short command for that is /g. Down below I will leave a list of the different chats and their respective short commands.
Now that you have chosen your respective chat channel, type your message.
The Makings of A Macro! Screen16

For my message, I chose /g Gratz on 110!!!. The way the macro works, is that it reads through your command. And it is somehow smart enough to employ what you tell it to do. This can be used to auto-cast specific spells, and do even more outside of the wow-verse. But since that is too complicated for me, I'm sticking with the Chat Macros.
The Makings of A Macro! Screen22

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!!. Click Save.  If you do not click save, you will lose your macro command when you close the window. Now even though this wasn't too much work, more complex macros can be horrible. It'd be awful to put in all that work, forget to click save, and lose it all. That is why this is the Most Important Step!
The Makings of A Macro! Screen23

Finally, Drag your macro to your hot bar, or secondary hot bar! You can also Key-Bind your new macro.  Like for my /g Nice One, Gratz!. I have the specific key set to -. It's as simple as that!!
The Makings of A Macro! Screen24

See Ya Round the WoW-Verse!!
The Makings of A Macro! Screen21

The Chats
Say-- /s
Yell-- /y
Guild-- /g
Instance-- /i
     Raid-- /r
     Reply-- /r
   Raid and Reply are somewhat interchangeable. I have used /r to get back to raid chat, and /r to reply to my whispers. There may be a more defined command, but I'm not sure what it could be.  scratch
Party-- /p
Whisper-- /w
Back to top Go down

The Makings of A Macro!
Page 1 of 1